How do I connect my Viessmann heating system?
- Download ViCare for your iOS or Android device
- Set up your ViCare account
- Scan the QR code on your heating device
Tip! Please always ensure you use the correct email address to log into ViCare and to update your password at least every 6 months.
How do I improve my connection?
- Ensure that you have a reliable connection from a good Internet service provider
- If you have recently changed service providers and/or routers, please re-establish the connection
- Check your signal strength in the ViCare app (Settings > Devices > Communication module > Signal strength)
- If you have an older Viessmann heating device with an external Vitoconnect communication module and try to position it where the signal is stronger. If you need to pair the device again, please scroll down to the “Vitoconnect Pairing” section
- In the "Notification" tab in ViCare, you can check whether maintenance work is currently being carried out by Viessmann or if there has been a temporary system outage that will be restored
- If these tips do not work or the signal strength is low, try rebooting your communication module. You can do this by going to Settings > Devices > Communication Module > “Reboot communication module”
Requirements for connecting to the Internet
- The WLAN router must be protected by a sufficiently secure WPA2 password, which must be no less than 8 and no more than 63 characters long.
- The WiFi router must always have the latest firmware update
- Do not use unencrypted connections between the heat generator and the WiFi router.
- Use an internet connection with high availability, preferably "flat rate" (flat rate tariff without restriction on time or data volume)
- The frequency of your WiFi signal must be 2.4 GHz to ensure a proper connection.
- Configure a DHCP server and scope to provide dynamic IP address configurations to your network
- Routing and security parameters should be set in the IP network (LAN).
- Enable the following ports for direct outward connections: – Port 80 – Port 123 – Port 443 – Port 8883
Please note: Have this checked and, if necessary, set up on-site by an IT expert before commissioning.
To pair the application again with Vitoconnect, just follow these steps:
- First, hold down the reset button on the Vitoconnect for a few seconds
- Update your new WiFi settings within ViCare: Settings > Devices > Communication Module > Network configuration
- The application asks for the serial number. The easiest way to do this is by scanning the QR code supplied with Vitoconnect
- The application is ready to use
If these steps do not resolve your connectivity issues, please check our further FAQ articles or reach out to our Viessmann Community for further assistance
Article is closed for comments.